Laird Funeral Home was founded in 1980 by Donald and Patricia Laird. Don was employed by the Stout Funeral Home, of Elgin for 19 years and then served as the manager of the funeral home for 5 years after the business was sold to Service Corporation International, Texas. Pat Laird also served as the secretary at the Stout Funeral Home for 3 years. Don and Pat Laird with the assistance of there oldest son, Steve opened the Laird Funeral Home at 310 S. State St., on January 1, 1980 to help those families that were in need of professional funeral & cremation services with the guidance of a locally owned and operated family run business. Their youngest son Robert joined them in the family business in 1989.
In 1997 Steve and Rob Laird purchased the Elgin funeral home from their parents. Don and Pat Laird have continued to work along with their sons to ensure that the tradition of compassionate and personalized services is carried on. In 1998 Steve and Rob opened the Laird Funeral Home of West Dundee, located at 120 S. Third St.
Wait Ross Allanson Funeral & Cremation Services has been serving the Fox Valley since 1886. In 2003, Steve and Rob purchased the locations in Elgin and Algonquin from the Allanson family with the hope of carrying on with the same fine traditions that the Allanson Family and its staff had been accustomed to, and merging them together with the fine traditions of Laird Funeral Homes.
We thank those families who have entrusted us with the care of their loved ones and made the Laird Funeral Homes and Wait Ross Allanson Funeral & Cremation Services the largest privately owned, family operated, funeral service provider in the Fox Valley, from Oswego north to Wisconsin.